Friday, September 10, 2010

Pre-AWA Art Dump

Here's a mini art-dump, as I've been plowing along making AWA things.

A kind of mori-ish girl. IDK. I kind of wanted to do some Showa-era illustrations.

Fairykei counterpart! She's cute but kind of vapid... I'll probably redraw her!

The Haute Couture Ladies of Avatar. I'm pleased with this, but it took an INORDINATE AMOUNT OF TIME TO DO, seriously WTF.

Here's what everyone's wearing, BTW!
Toph: Alexander McQueen RTW Spring 2009
Katara: Elie Saab (Collection escapes me ATM)
Azula: Elie Saab Couture Fall 2010
Suki: Valentino Couture Spring 2009
Ty-lee: Betsey Johnson TW Fall 2008
Mei: Alexander McQueen RTW Fall 2008
And, for whatever reason, I cannot remember who Yue's wearing. I want to say it's either Saab or Valentino. Could be wrong.

Robins as Birds on a Wire! I kvetched a lot before I figured out how I wanted to do this... And otherthanTim'semblembeingonthewrongside I'm really pleased with it. IDK.

Naturally I had to do one for the fandom of my heart, etc. I made very few prints of this, obviously, since, really, who will buy these. Pretty much nobody. Also the end of the scarf looks like a hand wiggling its fingers at Miharu in a dastardly manner. ROFL.

Also, a bazillion style-centric chibis. We weren't allowed to do fandoms, so I did these.
I made two Gaga chibis as stickers. IDK. If I can't use em, I'll put them away.I made Fairy Kei bows, too.(This was in progress. I added some pearls and such, too.)

In other news, we got a kitty!
After a summer of denying it, my Dad caved when this handsome boy came slouching up to our door. We dutifully returned him to his owners... But three weeks later, he reappeared! We knew we were supposed to keep him. He's friendly and affectionate, and a real charmer. He's also super-athletic and active, which my parents are still getting used to! I'm glad I'll be leaving him to take care of my mom while I'm gone. His name is Jack, and he's named after the character in Mom's book right now. (Jack Buchannan, Jack's namesake, has an identical cat in the book, named Charbon, for "Charcoal" in French.)

And... Speaking of. I'll be leaving for Melbourne roughly January 25! Since I graduate, mom and I decided it was stupid of me to hang around the US for no reason, so right after the holidays, I'll fire like going out of a cannon. I don't know how long it'll be till I get internet after that... It's surreal to think about. But I'm also very excited.

I don't know if it's just fear for the really hard classes, my last quarter, being so very close to Magna Cum Laude, or simply fear of social life or something. I just want to stay here and work.

I've hammered out a Senior Project I'm excited about. A Steampunk Mahou Shoujo story about an Indian girl in the 1900 Parisian World's Fair. It involves mechanized transformation sequences and enchanted glasses. I'm scared to take the Childrens' Book class, and I am thoroughly convinced I'm going to have my rear-end passed to me by the Illustration Department. And then there's Math.

I think what'll bridge the gap between Social fears and School fears is basically vowing myself as an Art Nun. To only focus on my artwork and my projects, to devote my time only to classes, and making a powerful Senior Project that can speak for itself. I made the decision to leave my Lolita and my Dolls at home while I work on my last quarter. (Odette and Sylvana are going with me- one as a model for AWA and one as a muse, but they'll be more or less out of the picture, and Laksha and the boys are staying home. No, they're not very happy about it either, ROFL!) I brought a bit of felting should I absolutely break down and want to play with fabric, and embroidery floss, if I want to embroider, but my major is SEQA and I should devote my time to making comics. When I get out of school I can play with fabric, but it isn't wise right now with everything else going on.

Here's to surviving and thriving through another quarter at SCAD!
XOXO
~Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment