Monday, July 19, 2010

Post-New York City Art Pile!

Now that I've been home a while and have had time to plow and pick through my NYC sketchbooks and things, here's a long-overdue art pile!

Looked at waaaay too much "Madonna and Child"-esque art. Not that I mind.Her eyes were based on sculptural sketches by Lee Bontecou at the MoMA.

The theme of my paper for Art History was the "Memento Mori."
When I was trying to explain what I meant, I drew this for my class.
Also, high five I am morbid.

One of my sketches from the front row of "A Little Night Music."

A cute creepy girl. I wanted to devise a pet for her, so I asked what kind of pet she should have.
Among the suggestions were: a lemur, a snake, and a chupacabra.
A bit of Sailor Moon doodling. The bigger drawing is a sketch for one of my AA prints of the three Serenity princesses/queens/etc brushing hair and tying odango.

I also had to create a four-page comic. This was inked and inkwashed, then printed on brown paper, with white charcoal for highlight, then added selective color digitally. (That sounds an awful lot more complicated than it actually is!)
This is Page One! Read the rest over here on my DA.

Alrighty, kidlets. Till next time!
XOXOX
~Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment